Statement of Faith
Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the holy scriptures are made up of the "Old & New Testaments" and is the infallible Word of God inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is living and active and is the basis of the Christian faith and conduct.
2. We believe that the one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent "I AM", the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of all mankind. He has further revealed Himself through the Godhead which exists of the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit each having a specific role but all are "one in the same".
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God and that man's only hope of salvation is through His shed blood. For it is by faith and his grace that we are saved.
4. We believe the ordinance of baptism by immersion is commanded by the Scriptures.
5. We believe that all believers should earnestly seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
6. We believe giving is sharing in the divine nature of God and therefore reaps its benefits. IAMM believes in tithing the first tenth of our income back to the Lord.
7. We believe in the ordinance & sacrament of part-taking in "The Lord's Supper". Participating in this holy ceremony reminds us of the Lord's sacrifice until he comes again.
8. We believe prayer and fasting is an essential discipline and tool in the Christian life. There is no substitution for prayer and communion with God. Doing so reflects the nature of Christ and his ordinances for the Body of Christ to pray.
9. We believe that marriage is a sacred covenant between a man and a woman and it is ordained by God. This covenant is the biblical standard of family life, child development, and social order within our society.
10. We believe in the divine healing of body and soul.
11. We believe sanctification is an act of separation and consecration to Almighty God.
12. We believe in the resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ together with those who are alive and remain in Christ until the second coming of our Savior, this includes the rapture of the saints, a new heaven and a new earth, and the judgment of all mankind.